OUTDOOR DECOR DIY: Rainbow Glitter Gnome
This rainbow glitter gnome fits well in my fantasy garden decor. I found a ceramic gnome kit at Five Below for $5. I ditched the included paints, because they're generally low quality and the colors are dull. Instead I grabbed my DecoArt paints and got to work. I wanted this gnome to be glam, a break from traditional gnome colors. You can decorate your gnome however you want. Don't be afraid to layer colors, use different finishes, and add patterns.
DecoArt provided some of the paint for this project. They didn't pay me to make this project. I use Amazon Affiliate links. Any purchase using those links will result in Amazon paying me a small commision.
- Ceramic gnome kit - If you don't have a Five Below, this gentleman gnome and lady gnome are good options
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint
- DecoArt Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics Paint
- DecoArt Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Small paint brushes
- Paper plate - For a paint palette
- Paper towel
- Cup of water
1) Paint the hat, beard and eyebrows Carousel Pink. Paint the eye irises, shoes and hat brim Lavender. Paint the paints and belt Turquoise Blue. Paint the face and hands Coral Shell, or whatever skin color you want. Paint the jacket Blue Grass Green. Wash and dry the brushes in between colors. If the paint appears streaks, add a 2nd coat where needed.
2) Paint the hat stripes, pupils, boot soles and ankles Amethyst. Paint the earrings, eyelids, lips, and belt Champagne Gold. Mix equal parts Peacock Pearl and Crystal Green. Paint the jacket with that new color.
3) Mix equal parts Celebration Pink, Magenta, and Neon Pink. Paint the hat, eyebrows, and beard with multiple coats of this pink glitter combination.
4) My gnome is sitting on a covered porch. If you were to put it in an uncovered area, you want to protect the paint with DecoArt Multi-Purpose Sealer. A couple coats of sealer should do nicely.
Like I mentioned before, you can paint your gnome any color and finish combination you want. Check out DecoArt's selection of acrylic, metallic, fine glitter, and chunky glitter paints. My turquoise gnome is a Target purchase from last year. Whatever you're making, have fun with it. Happy Makery!
Post a Comment